Birth Pool Rentals
Blissful Birth Doula Services currently has one AquaDoula and one La Bassine Professional birth pool available to rent. Birth tub rentals are available to both clients and non clients.
Birth pools can be a wonderful and practical way to have a water birth, or a great addition to your comfort measures in labor.
Reported benefits of water labor and waterbirth as listed on waterbirth.org
• Facilitates mobility and enables the birthing person to assume any position which is comfortable for labor and birth
• Speeds up labor
• Reduces blood pressure
• Gives the birthing person more feelings of control
• Provides significant pain relief
• Promotes relaxation
• Conserves their energy
• Reduces the need for drugs and interventions
• Gives the laboring person a private protected space
• Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies
• Reduces cesarean section rates
• Is highly rated by those who have water birth – typically stating they would consider giving birth in water again
• Is highly rated by experienced providers
• Encourages an easier birth for the birthing person and a gentler welcome for baby”
AquaDoula heated birth pool
*Easily set up in minutes with built-in wall heater, the AquaDoula tub is soft, yet sturdy, and comfortably accommodates birthing person and support person.
*AquaDoula has been a top choice of midwives since it assembles easily, maintains heated water, comfortably accommodates two average size adults, and is portable in any size car.
*Elegant design with soft padded floor and side walls is comfortable and sturdy
*Deluxe Heating System features unique solid-state thermostat that maintains a constant water temperature without heat loss
*GFCI cord/plug provides maximum electrical safety
*Comfortably accommodates 2 adults: 4'6" diameter & 2' deep. Holds Approx. 150 gallons when filled to 18" deep.
* Easy, one-person set-up in minutes. No tools required.
*Two liners - Premium vinyl permanent AquaLiner and plastic disposable liner
Included in the Aqua Doula Rental:
*AquaDoula tub with heating element
*One single-use disposable liner (must be used along with the permanente liner
when using the pool)
*One standard faucet adapter (you may need to purchase one that fits your sink)
*Submersible water pump to remove the used water
What you will need
*You will need to provide your own water hose (the kind used to for RV water lines, garden hoses may contain lead, BPA, and other toxic contaminants)
*Optionally, you can purchase the hose from me for $15 for 25 ft. hose, or $30 for 50 ft. hose
4 week rental: $250 non clients, $225 doula service clients + security deposit
Pick up and drop off service can be added for $50 within 30 miles.